Hello! I’m Deborah
I am a trained Clinical Social Worker with advanced practitioner status of Registered Clinical Social Worker (RCSW) from Alberta College of Social Worker and also University of Calgary Alberta. My training and license authorize me to provide comprehensive mental health assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of mental health disorders. I come with over 10 years’ experience in supporting Albertans within community health services and private practice diagnosing and treating mental disorders.
I love what I do as a counselor and mental health clinician and passionate about mental health and so I engage in ongoing professional development and training to improve my skills. I also consult with other mental health practitioners for oversight and supervision.
Outside counseling I enjoy spending time with my family, traveling, cooking, crafting, serving in my community, and chair a non-profit organization for women survivors of domestic violence.
I am trained in the following therapeutic approaches:
- Emotion Focus Therapy (EFT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mind- body clinical practice
- Stephanie Covington Beyond Trauma treatment for women and girls
- Synergistic Play Therapy
- DSM-5 diagnosis for mental health and addiction